Preventing Violence Against Children - THRIVES
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides an overview of THRIVES and discusses the topics of: training in parenting; household economic strengthening; reduced violence through legal protection; improved services; values and norms that protect children; education and life skills; and surveillance and evaluation.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Outline the prevalence, repercussions, and public health consequences of violence against children.
2. Review THRIVES strategies to reduce incidences of violence that impact young people.
3. Discuss ways to strengthen parenting skills, improve economic stability, and increase legal protections as a means to protect children.
4. Summarize pertinent values and norms that protect children a well as education and life skills that can empower them.
5. Identify how surveillance and evaluation data is used for planning, implementing, and monitoring violence prevention programs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.