Preventing Violence Against Children - THRIVES
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
This CE course provides an overview of THRIVES and discusses the topics of: training in parenting; household economic strengthening; reduced violence through legal protection; improved services; values and norms that protect children; education and life skills; and surveillance and evaluation.
Author: Hillis, S., Mercy, J., Saul, J., Gleckel, J., Abad, N., and Kress, H. (2015, March). THRIVES: A Global Technical Package to Prevent Violence Against Children. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Violence Prevention, Division of Global HIV / AIDS, Division of STD Prevention.
Retrieved from: https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/31482
CE Course Objectives
1. Analyze the prevalence, repercussions, and public health consequences of violence against children.
2. Explain three THRIVES strategies to reduce incidences of violence that impact young people.
3. Deduce ways to strengthen parenting skills, improve economic stability, and increase legal protections as a means to protect children.
4. Summarize pertinent values and norms that protect children a well as education and life skills that can empower them.
5. Identify how surveillance and evaluation data is used for planning, implementing, and monitoring violence prevention programs.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Training in Parenting
2. Household Economic Strengthening
3. Reduced Violence through Legal Protection
4. Improved Services
5. Values and Norms that Protect Children
6. Education and Life Skills
7. Surveillance and Evaluation
Date Added: 2017-12-28
Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2019 – 01/03/2020. Social workers completing this course receive 1.00 continuing education credits.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.