$7.50 | CEU Hours:2.50 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
Suicide is highly prevalent and presents a major challenge to public health in the United States and worldwide. This CEU course provides strategies for preventing the risk of suicide as well as approaches to lessen the immediate and long-term harms of suicidal behavior for individuals, families, communities, and society.
Article Author: Deb Stone, ScD, MSW, MPH, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss who Dialectical Behavior Therapy works for most.
2. Investigate the time interval between deciding to act and attempting suicide.
3. Examine the link between suicide and mental health problems.
4. Identify suicide hotspots.
5. Provide protective factors that buffer against the risk for suicide.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.