Preventing High Risk Behaviors and Violence in Youth
$4.50 | CEU Hours:1.50 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Youth violence is a significant public health problem that affects thousands of young people each day, and in turn, their families, schools, and communities. This CEU course includes programs, practices, and policies with evidence of impact on youth violence victimization, perpetration, and risk or protective factors for youth violence.
Author: David-Ferdon, C., Vivolo-Kantor, A., Dahlberg, L., Marshall, K., Rainford, N., & Hall, J. (2016). A Comprehensive Technical Package for the Prevention of Youth Violence and Assocaited Risk Behaviors. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pub/technical-packages.html
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain three potential outcomes of preschool enrichment with family engagement.
2. Conclude three ways of modifying the physical and social environment.
3. Summarize how young people’s risk for violence can be buffered.
4. Identify which factors are associated with the future perpetration of violence and is evident in early childhood.
5. Describe the family environments that is a risk factor for youth violence and contributes to young people developing other risks.
CEU Outline with Main Points
1. Promote Family Environments that Support Healthy Development
2. Provide Quality Education Early in Life
3. Strengthen Youth's Skills
4. Connect Youth to Caring Adults and Activities
5. Create Protective Community Environments
6. Intervene to Lessen Harms and Prevent Future Risk
7. Benefits Relative to Costs
8. Sector Involvement
9. Monitoring and Evaluation
Date Added: 2017-12-17
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.