Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect - Evidence-Based Practices
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Child abuse and neglect is highly prevalent and is associated with several risk factors. This CEU course provides a select group of strategies based on the best available evidence to help prevent child abuse and neglect. The strategies represented include those with a focus on preventing child abuse and neglect from happening in the first place as well as approaches to lessen the immediate and long-term harms of child abuse and neglect.
Article Author: Beverly Fortson, Ph.D., et al.; National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate risk factors for child abuse and neglect.
2. Investigate which policies tend to have the largest impacts on health.
3. Examine the ways in which household financial security can be strengthened.
4. Elucidate what can be used to identify and address psychosocial problems in the family that serve as risk factors for child abuse and neglect.
5. Describe the social norm that is particularly relevant to preventing child abuse and neglect.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.