Pregnancy Prevention Services For High Risk Youth
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
Youth in alternative school settings may be at particularly high risk for teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and associated sexual risk behaviors. This CEU course examines the strategies for delivering adolescent pregnancy prevention services to a high-risk youth population.
Article Author: Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE); Rachel Shapiro, MPP, Robert Wood, Jean Knab, and Lauren Murphy
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the benefit of Teen Choice being unscripted.
2. Explain the goal of Teen Choice.
3. Investigate the most common reason for students to miss a Teen Choice session.
4. Examine the common action plan goals for students who were sexually active.
5. Identify the most effective strategy employed to boost attendance.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.