Physical Detoxification from Substances - Part 2
$15.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Overview
This CE course describes psychosocial and biomedical screening and assessment, highlights treatment regimens for specific substances, and provides guidance on the medical, nursing, and social services aspects of these treatments. Substances covered are stimulants, inhalants-solvents, nicotine, THC containing drugs, anabolic steroids, and club drugs. Considerations for specific populations are also included.
Author: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Detoxification of Substance Abuse Treatment. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series, No. 45. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 15-4131. Rockville, MD: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, 2015.
References / Contributions by:
American Diabetes Association. Nutrition principles and recommendations in diabetes. Diabetes Care 27 (Suppl 1): 536-546, 2004.
Anderson, F., and Kiefer, F. Depressive mood and craving during alcohol withdrawal: Association and interaction. German Journal of Psychiatry 7(2):6-11, 2004.
Bernat, J.L. Informed consent. Muscle and Nerve 24(5):614-621, 2001.
Retrieved from: https://store.samhsa.gov
CE Course Objectives
1. List four reasons why trying to get patients to quit smoking at the same time they are in detoxification for other substances is very difficult.
2. Name four symptoms of withdrawal from anabolic steroids.
3. Provide the least effective way to determine if a patient is abusing multiple substances.
4. Describe the recommended detoxification protocol for anabolic steroids.
5. Compare the period of depression experienced by amphetamine users vs. cocaine users.
CE Outline with Main Points
2. Inhalants / Solvents
4. Marijuana and Other Drugs Containing THC
5. Anabolic Steroids
6. Club Drugs
7. Management of Polydrug Abuse: An Integrated Approach
8. Alternative Approaches
9. Considerations for Specific Populations
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2019-10-23