Pharmacological Management of Schizophrenia
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides recommendations for treatment of inmates in federal facilities who are diagnosed with chronic psychotic disorders.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
2. Investigate which cognitive impairments appear to be an integral part of chronic psychotic disorders, especially schizophrenia.
3. Examine common issues or challenges related to treating patients with psychotic disorders.
4. Elucidate which antipsychotic medication is considered the gold standard for the treatment of schizophrenia.
5. Identify indications for the use of FGAs.
6. Describe under which situation benzodiazepines would be inappropriate for inmates with chronic psychotic disorders.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.