Pharmacological Management of Schizophrenia
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | IntermediateThis course is not approved by NBCC for NCC certification renewal. To renew your NCC certification, view our list of NBCC specific approved courses.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides recommendations for treatment of inmates in federal facilities who are diagnosed with chronic psychotic disorders.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
2. Investigate which cognitive impairments appear to be an integral part of chronic psychotic disorders, especially schizophrenia.
3. Examine common issues or challenges related to treating patients with psychotic disorders.
4. Elucidate which antipsychotic medication is considered the gold standard for the treatment of schizophrenia.
5. Identify indications for the use of FGAs.
6. Describe under which situation benzodiazepines would be inappropriate for inmates with chronic psychotic disorders.