Palliative Care and Cancer Treatment
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This course discusses the four Promoting Excellence demonstration projects that have translated theory into reality. Efforts go directly to the questions of whether and how palliative care services can be integrated upstream in the continuum of cancer care.
CE Course Objectives
1. Evaluate the advantages of incorporating palliative care into the continuum of cancer care, as well as the barriers that limit this type of support.
2. Describe the components of the four Promoting Excellence in End-of-Life Care integrated models of palliative and oncology care.
3. Analyze how expanding access to palliative care may effect health care costs and life expectancy.
4. Identify ways in which collaborative cancer treatment and palliative care may enhance the experience for patients, family members, and clinicians.
5. Discuss practical steps that advanced cancer patients can follow in order to take charge of their illness and make choices that reflect their ideals and wishes.
Date Added: 2012-08-13
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.