New! Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit (Updated)
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | IntermediateThis course is not approved by NBCC for NCC certification renewal. To renew your NCC certification, view our list of NBCC specific approved courses.
CEU Course Description
Opioid overdose continues to be a major public health problem in the United States. This CEU course discusses the essential steps for first responders and provides information for prescribers, patients, and family members.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate signs of an overdose.
2. Investigate strategies to prevent overdose deaths.
3. Examine the single most important intervention for opioid overdose.
4. Identify the telltale sign of a person in a critical medical state.
5. Provide the do’s and don’ts when responding to an opioid overdose.
6. Describe the goal of naloxone therapy.