Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit (Updated)
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
Opioid overdose continues to be a major public health problem in the United States. This CEU course discusses the essential steps for first responders and provides information for prescribers, patients, and family members.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate signs of an overdose.
2. Investigate strategies to prevent overdose deaths.
3. Examine the single most important intervention for opioid overdose.
4. Identify the telltale sign of a person in a critical medical state.
5. Provide the do’s and don’ts when responding to an opioid overdose.
6. Describe the goal of naloxone therapy.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.