Opioid Use Disorder: Partnering Clients, Health Care, and Addiction Professionals
$21.00 | CE Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Opioid misuse has caused a growing nationwide epidemic of OUD and unintentional overdose deaths. This CE course provides information for professionals working with individual who take a Food and Drug Administration-approved medication for opioid use disorder.
Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Medication for Opioid Use Disorder. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 63. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 18-5063. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2018.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize what the law requires of prescribers with regard to referring patients taking OUD medication to counseling and ancillary services.
2. Explain what treatment must include in order to be effective.
3. Show how to reach out to family who hesitate to engage with the patient’s treatment.
4. Recognize which OUD medication is slow in onset and long acting, avoiding the highs and lows of short-acting opioids.
5. Evaluate why those with OUD are at a very high risk for overdose early after release from prison or jail.
6. Identify the part of the brain that becomes overactive from repeated drug use.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Partnering Addiction Treatment Counselors With Clients and Healthcare Professionals
a. Quick Guide to Medications
b. Counselor - Prescriber Communications
c. Creation of a Supportive Counseling Experience
d. Common Counseling Concers
2. Resources Related to Medications for Opioid Use Disorder
a. Medical and Behavioral Health Service Providers
b. Counselors and Peer Providers
c. Clients and Families
d. Tools and Sample Forms
Date Added: 2018-05-14
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.