Medical Errors for Mental Health Professionals
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Florida: Approved for ME credit for MFT, LCSW and LPC
CEU Course Description
This course is a fusing together of a short FDA Medication Errors Guide and a more comprehensive paper detailing the scope, definition, investigation process and laws surrounding medical errors. Special emphasis is given to medical errors prevalent in the Mental and Behavioral health professions. The paper focuses on Florida but the definitions, protocols and preventions outlined are applicable anywhere.
Article Author: Food and Drug Administration Technical Expert/Advisory Panel (https://psnet.ahrq.gov/information/panel)
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Demonstrate familiarity with the FDA's role in mitigating medication errors and common examples of medications that are misused.
2. Explain the scope and definitions of the medical errors problem.
3. Define root cause analysis and its use in medical errors prevention.
4. Understand Florida legal definitions as well as Joint Commission findings, particularly as they relate to mental and behavioral health professionals.
5. Enumerate greater risk populations and most common misdiagnosed conditions and remediations, particularly as they relate to mental and behavioral health professionals.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.