Medicaid and Behavioral Health Overview
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course describes the behavioral health services offered under the Medicaid program and the various types of Medicaid authorities that provide the basis for components of state behavioral health programs. As looked at in this course, behavioral health services and treatments may be authorized by a state’s Medicaid State Plan and/or by waivers that the state chooses to implement.
1. Identify the various Medicaid services that comprise components of behavioral health programs.
2. Describe the types of services under which Medicaid-eligible beneficiaries most commonly receive diagnosis and treatment for mental or substance use disorders (M/SUD).
3. Review general principles relative to Medicaid providers.
4. Discuss how Institutions for Mental Diseases (IMDs) view the continuum of care for chemical dependency.
5. Examine the relationship between the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) and the Affordable Care Act.
6. Analyze how Medicare and Medicaid are affiliated, as well as Medicare’s role in providing behavioral health benefits.
7. Differentiate between the services provided under Medicare Part A, Part B, Part C, and Part D.
Date Added: 2014-07-19
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.