Medicaid: A Primer
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This course is an overview of the federal Medicaid program and suitable for Nursing Home Administrators. It covers eligibility, services provided, cost, and funding for Medicaid. It is intended to help students understand the basics of how the program works, what it does, and how it fits into the national healthcare coverage puzzle.
CE Course Objectives
1. Understand the basic shared federal-state structure of Medicaid.
2. Know what services states are required to offer through the program in order to receive federal Medicaid funding.
3. Know what "optional" services states may elect to cover using Medicaid funds.
4. Be able to help patients understand how the program can assist them with their healthcare needs.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-10-12