Mass Casualty Incidents - Healthcare System Response
$18.00 | CEU Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Preparing hospitals, healthcare systems, and their ESF #8 partners to prevent, respond to, and rapidly recover from Mass Casualty Incidents (MCIs) is critical for protecting and securing our Nation’s healthcare system and public health infrastructure. This CEU course identifies gaps in preparedness, determines specific priorities, and develops plans for building and sustaining healthcare specific capabilities.
Article Author: Rear Admiral Nicole Lurie, M.D., M.S.P.H., et al.; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the principles key to the planning process in order to develop an all-hazards plan for protecting lives, property, and the environment.
2. Explain, at a minimum, what the Healthcare Coalition oversight and structure should include.
3. Investigate the components of the situational assessment.
4. Examine the five key elements to include in the development of collaborative crisis standards of care guidance.
5. Elucidate what healthcare recovery plans should include.
6. Identify the elements for a contact list of pre-identified resources that could provide mental / behavioral health support to responders and families according to the nature of the incident.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.