Management of HIV Infection in Prison Populations
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
This course can be taken to meet the HIV mandatory needs for licensees of:
The Florida Board of Respiratory Care
The Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides guidance on the screening, evaluation, and treatment of federal inmates with HIV infection, with a focus on primary care.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the immunizations that are recommended for all HIV-positive adults.
2. Investigate the drawbacks of third-generation HIV testing.
3. Compare and contrast HIV-1 and HIV-2.
4. Examine the preferred treatment regimen for LTBI.
5. Elucidate the regimen that is preferred for patients who must start ART before the genotype is available, due to a relatively high genetic barrier to resistance.
6. Identify the most distinctive manifestations of acute HIV infection.