LGBTQ Youth, YMSM and YWSW Who Engage in Survival Sex
$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course describes and quantifies the sexual and physical health outcomes among LGBTQ youth, YMSM, and YWSW engaged in survival sex; assesses how many are using and abusing alcohol and drugs; and details youths’ access to and interactions with treatment and service providers.
Article Author: Meredith Dank, senior researcher, et al.; Permission granted for reproduction of article with attribution to the Urban Institute.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the reasons cited by youth who did not use a condom for protection.
2. Investigate the mental health issues that LGBTQ youth who have experienced sexual abuse are more likely to experience.
3. Examine the reasons certain youth had not visited a doctor in the past year.
4. Elucidate why youth refused services from providers.
5. Identify why youth sought out clinics, mobile vans, and other medical services geared toward youth.
6. Describe what safety means for LGBTQ youth, YMSM, and YWSW.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.