Management of Hypertension in Prison Populations
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides recommendations for the medical management of inmates with hypertension.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the primary focus of treatment.
2. Explain the major objective of the evaluation of persons with documented hypertension.
3. Investigate what should be used to classify blood pressure status when systolic and diastolic blood pressures fall into different categories.
4. Examine how age and gender affect responsiveness to antihypertensive medications.
5. Identify what inmates should refrain from during the 30 minutes prior to the measurement.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.