Hunger and Homelessness
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides health care workers with information on hunger among the homeless, focusing on the following topics: the hunger-obesity paradox; undernutrition and its consequences; challenges faced by those with diabetes; living on food stamps; and examples of creative and sustainable ways currently being used to address these problems at a local level.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the diseases and difficulties that have been documented at a greater incidence among homeless children.
2. Explain what can be assessed to reveal much about a person’s nutritional status, instead of costly lab work being performed.
3. Describe the clinical practice recommendations for treating homeless individuals with diabetes.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-06-14