Human Trafficking Victims
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Beginning
This course meets Human Trafficking requirements in Florida for Nurses.
CE Course Description
Human trafficking, also known as modern day slavery, is a crime that involves the exploitation of a person for the purpose of compelled labor or a commercial sex act. This CE course details a series of coordinated actions to strengthen the reach and effectiveness of services provided to all victims of human trafficking. Included in this course are the steps providers can take to create a victim services network that is comprehensive, trauma-informed, and responsive to the needs of all victims.
Author: Federal Strategic Action Plan on Services for Victims of Human Trafficking in the United States 2013 - 2017. (2017). The Department of Justice, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security
Retrieved from: https://ovc.ncjrs.gov/humantrafficking/plan.html
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize 2 federal actions that must occur in order to reach the goal of developing evidence-based approaches.
2. Explain the main reason vulnerable populations become victims of human trafficking.
3. Compare and contrast victim-centered and trauma-informed approaches.
4. Appraise three issues in achieving long-term recovery and self-sufficiency for human trafficking survivors.
5. Identify what leads few victims to seek assistance independently, either from law enforcement or service providers.
6. List 3 areas Federal agencies can act upon to ensure victims have access to services.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Align Efforts: Promote a strategic, coordinated approach to the provision of services for victims of human trafficking at the federal, regional, state, territorial, tribal, and local levels
a. Provide federal leadership and direction to improve victim services
b. Coordinated victim services effectively through collaboration across multiple service sectors
2. Improve Understanding: Expand and coordinate human trafficking-related research, data, and evaluation to support evidence-based practices in victim services
a. Establish baseline knowledge of human trafficking and victim service needs through rigorous research and reporting
b. Support the development of effective responses to the needs of human trafficking victims
3. Expand Access to Services: Provide and promote outreach, training, and technical assistance to increase victim identification and expand the availability of services
a. Increase victim identification through coordinated public outreach and awareness efforts
b. Build capacity to better identify and serve victims through targeted training and technical assistance
4. Improve Outcomes: Promote effective, culturally appropriate, trauma-informed services that improve the short- and long-term health, safety, and well-being of victims
a. Foster collaborations and partnerships to enhance the community response to human trafficking
b. Improve access to victim services by removing systemic barriers
Date Added: 2017-12-17
Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2019 – 01/03/2020. Social workers completing this course receive 3.00 continuing education credits.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.