Hepatitis C in Prison Populations
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides the most current Federal Bureau of Prisons recommendations for the treatment of chronic HCV infection in the federal inmate population.
Article Author: The Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the well-described risk factors, which should be considered when recommending HCV testing to sentenced inmates.
2. Explain what undetectable levels of HCV RNA indicate.
3. Investigate for which inmates testing for HCV infection is recommended.
4. Examine signs and symptoms that support the diagnosis of cirrhosis.
5. Identify the approved treatment for all six HCV genotypes.
6. Describe the BOP-preferred method for non-invasive assessment of hepatic fibrosis and cirrhosis.