Helping Youth Transition to Adulthood - Guidance for Foster Parents
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course provides guidance on how to help youth and emerging adults build a foundation for a successful transition to adult life outside of foster care by discussing: the transition to adulthood; unique challenges for youth exiting foster care; adolescent development and changes in the brain; laws and programs to support transitioning youth; and the critical role of foster parents.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain what studies have shown to be the ramifications on youth who exit foster care when compared to their peers.
2. Investigate all of the items that the caseworker is required by law to do before a youth exits foster care.
3. Identify what experts in the field of youth development recommend that foster parents and other adults in their lives do to support transitioning youth.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-01-27