Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education Programs for Youth
$7.50 | CE Hours:1.50 | Beginning
CE Course Description
Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education (HMRE) programs serving youth can improve young people’s attitudes, knowledge, and expectations of romantic relationships by helping them develop key skills to form healthy relationships and avoid unhealthy ones. This CE course addresses gaps in knowledge about the extent to which these programs are tailored to the specific developmental and cultural needs of this population.
Author: Scott, M., Karberg, E., Huz, I., and Oster, M. (2017, September). Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education Programs for Youth: An In-depth Study of Federally Funded Programs, OPRE Report #2017-74, Washington, DC: Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Retrieved from: https://www.acf.hhs.gov/opre
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain why explicitly teaching skill-building is important.
2. Identify what programs need to be tailored to to be most effective.
3. List three challenges of implementing programming in school-based settings.
4. Provide the two topics most commonly noted as a major focus of the session.
CE Outline with Main Points
b. Primary Research Questions
d. Key Findings and Highlights
2. Executive Summary
b. Key Findings
c. Study Recommendations
3. YEARS Project Objectives
4. Data and Methods
a. Objective 1: HMRE Grantees and Participants
b. Objective 2: Assessing the Alignment of HMRE Programming with Best Practices in the Field
c. Objective 3: Promising Approaches for Serving Youth in HMRE Program
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2019-06-03