The Role of a Full Continuum of Psychiatric Care
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course addresses the public policy recommendations for reducing the human and economic costs associated with severe mental illness by building and invigorating a robust, interconnected, evidence-based system of care that goes beyond beds.
Article Author: Debra Pinals, MD and Doris Fuller, MFA
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate common elements of serious mental illness and their treatment in the service delivery system.
2. Explain the reason behind federal and state initiatives being enacted.
3. Examine which individuals have access to transitional beds.
4. Define the institutions of mental disease (IMD) exclusion.
5. Identify what is widely recognized as a symptom of system failures, including the lack of a full continuum of accessible psychiatric care.
Date Added: 2017-12-04
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.