Florida Laws and Rules for Mental Health and Social Worker Professionals
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved for Laws and Rules credit by The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides the laws and rules for clinical social workers, marriage and family therapist, and mental health counselor professionals practicing in Florida.
Article Author: Quantum Units Education; Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the importance of confidentiality and record keeping for mental health professionals.
2. Outline the standards of practice for mental health professionals in Florida.
3. Review disciplinary actions that may be taken against mental health professionals who violate state laws.
4. Identify issues that may arise in the psychotherapist-client relationship.
5. Describe the legal and ethical boundaries established for supervision in the mental health professions.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.