Faith and Communities Partner to Prevent Crime
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
This CE course provides useful strategies for building capacity, developing partnerships, and seeking grant opportunities. Topics of focus are: building capacity within faith-based organizations; partnering with organizations to prevent crime; and effective and efficient grant acquisition and management.
Author: Faith and Communities in Action: A Resource Guide for Increasing Partnership Opportunities to Prevent Crime and Violence. (2013, March). Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
Retrieved from: https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=263383
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain what much of the success of the faith community is due to.
2. Summarize how to conduct a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats analysis and evaluate the importance of performing a SWOT analysis.
3. Compare and contrast non-profit status with tax-exempt status.
4. Describe three key elements of a successful partnership design.
CE Outline with Main Points
a. Stopping crime and youth violence and building supportive communities
b. What faith-based and community groups bring to the table
c. Examples of faith-based and community initiatives
2. Building Capacity within Your Faith-based Organization
a. Laying the foundation
b. Capacity building
c. Defining your organization's mission
e. Non-profit status versus tax exemption
3. Partnerships: Joining Organizations to Prevent Crime
a. Elements of designing a partnership
b. Crime prevention partnerships
c. Building or improving a partnership
4. Making Dollars and Sense: Effective and Efficient Grant Acquisition and Management
Date Added: 2017-12-28
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.