Evidence-Based Practices for Preventing Childhood Abuse and Neglect
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Child abuse and neglect is highly prevalent and is associated with several risk factors. This CE course provides a select group of strategies based on the best available evidence to help prevent child abuse and neglect. The strategies represented include those with a focus on preventing child abuse and neglect from happening in the first place as well as approaches to lessen the immediate and long-term harms of child abuse and neglect.
Author: Fortson, B., Klevens, J., Merrick, M., Gilbert, L., & Alexander, S. (2016). Preventing child abuse and neglect: A technical package for policy, norm, and programmatic activities. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pub/technical-packages.html
CE Course Objectives
1. List three risk factors for child abuse and neglect.
2. Appraise which policies tend to have the largest impacts on health.
3. Consider three ways in which household financial security can be strengthened.
4. Explain what can be used to identify and address psychosocial problems in the family that serve as risk factors for child abuse and neglect.
5. Describe the social norm that is particularly relevant to preventing child abuse and neglect.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Strengthen Economic Supports for Families
2. Change Social Norms to Support Parents and Positive Parenting
3. Provide Quality Care and Education Early in Life
4. Enhance Parenting Skills to Promote Healthy Child Development
5. Intervene to Lessen Harms and Prevent Future Risk
6. Sector Involvement
7. Monitoring and Evaluating
Date Added: 2017-12-20
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.