Ethics in Addictions Treatment
$27.00 | CEU Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
*ICB Credit for Counselor I or II, CARS I or II, MISA I or II or III, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I or II, CRSS I or II, MAATP I or II, RDDP, NCRS I or II, CFPP II, ATE, GCE
Illinois Specific Approvals: Counselor I or II, CARS I or II, MISA I or II or III, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I or II, CRSS I or II, MAATP I or II, RDDP, NCRS I or II, CFPP II, ATE, GCE
CEU Course Description
This course focuses on issues of autonomy, respect for persons, confidentiality, truth-telling and nonmaleficence. Illuminated are challenges with real-world case examples that show potential affects on a diverse group of patients, including women, adolescents, and people with co-occurring disorders or chronic pain.
*This course is NOT in any way endorsed or certified by the author of the book used for its creation.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe the ethical foundations of substance abuse treatment, while highlighting characteristics of the therapeutic relations.
2. Identify ethical issues in the treatment of women, children, and adolescents with substance abuse issues, as well as those with co-occurring disorders.
3. Discuss the spiritual, cultural, and forensic evidence related to substance abuse treatment.
4. Evaluate the ethical dilemmas in treating chronic pain in the context of addiction.
5. Review current scientific, clinical, and social developments in the ethical treatment of addiction.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.