Ethics, Confidentiality and Boundary Issues in Professional Counseling (UPDATED)
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course describes the ethical behavior and responsibility to which counselors aspire by covering the following themes: the counseling relationship; confidentiality and privacy; professional responsibility; relationships with other professionals; evaluation, assessment, and interpretation; supervision, training, and teaching; research and publication; distance counseling, technology, and social media; and resolving ethical issues.
Article Author: American Counseling Association, Ethics Revision Task Force overseen by Marcheta Evans, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Identify the core professional values of the counseling profession and the main purposes of the ACA Code of Ethics.
2. Describe actions that professional counselors take to facilitate client growth and promote the development of healthy relationships.
3. Outline ethical and legal responsibilities pertaining to confidentiality and privacy, research and publication, ae well as technology and distance counseling.
4. Evaluate the counselor’s role in maintaining professional competence, complying with applicable standards, and protecting relationships with colleagues, employers, employees, and supervisees.
5. Discuss how professional counselors promote the well-being of clients by developing and using appropriate evaluations and assessments.
6. Review the procedures for resolving ethical conflicts and issues.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.