Ending Conversion Therapy
$15.00 | CEU Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Negative social attitudes and discrimination related to an individual’s LGBTQ identity can contribute to health and behavioral health disparities, and may result in institutional, interpersonal, and individual stressors that affect mental health and well-being. This CE course provides information about effective and ineffective therapeutic practices related to children’s and adolescent’s sexual orientation and gender identity. Specifically, this course addresses the issue of conversion therapy for minors, that is, efforts to change an individual’s sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Article Author: Sheri Berenbaum, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss an appropriate therapeutic approach when providing services to children, adolescents, and families.
2. Explain the purpose of pubertal suppression.
3. Investigate important areas of focus for behavioral health professionals who work with sexual and gender minority adolescents.
4. Elucidate the mental health issues that those who experience victimization due to sexual orientation or gender expression are more likely to report.
5. Identify what has been found to have the strongest influence on overall adjustment and well-being in young adulthood for LGBTQ youth.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.