End of Life Care
$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | Beginning
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CE Course Description
This course by the National Institute on Aging is a thoughtful collection of facts, suggestions and guidelines for caregivers of people facing death. Equally informative for family members and professional health care givers, many end-of-life and post-death concerns are addressed with clarifying examples.
CE Course Objectives
1. Distinguish between palliative care and hospice care as end of life care options.
2. Understand end of life pain management choices.
3. Recognize final stage Alzheimer's symptoms.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of end-of-life medical terminology, procedures and the conditions they are designed to alleviate.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of presented end-of-life legal issues and documents.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.