Eating Hints: Before, During, After Cancer
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
People with cancer often need to follow diets that are different from what you think of as healthy. This CE course describes common types of eating problems, along with ways to manage them.
Author: National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health. (2018, January). Eating Hints: Before, during, and after Cancer Treatment. NIH Publication No. 18-7157.
Retrieved from: https://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/eating-hints
CE Course Objectives
1. Compare and contrast the five different types of cancer treatments and list out the eating problems that may be caused by each.
2. Conclude what someone should do if they have a metal taste in their mouth.
3. Determine what a person should eat if they are having nausea in the morning.
4. List five dietary behaviors that a person undergoing cancer treatment should not do.
5. Name three benefits of eating a healthy diet and maintaining weight before treatment.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. What You Should Know about Cancer Treatment, Eating Well, and Eating Problems
2. Feelings Can Affect Your Appetite
3. List of Eating Problems
a. Appetite Loss
d. Dry Mouth
e. Lactose Intolerance
g. Sore Mouth (Mucositis)
h. Sore Throat and Trouble Swallowing (Esophagitis)
i. Taste or Smell Changes
k. Weight Gain
l. Weight Loss
4. After Cancer Treatment
5. Eating Problems that May Be Caused by Certain Cancer Treatments
6. Lists of Foods and Drinks
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2019-08-06