Eating Hints Cancer Support
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the National Cancer Institute booklet which is a resource for the person who is about to get, or is now getting, cancer treatment, in addition to their family, friends, and others close to them. The booklet covers: what should be known about cancer treatment, eating well, and eating problems; how feelings can affect appetite; hints to manage eating problems; how to eat well after cancer treatment ends; foods and drinks to help with certain eating problems.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Understand why some people may have appetite loss or nausea.
2. Become familiar with who the best person for the patient to talk to about their diet may be.
3. Identify when many people undergoing cancer treatment have their biggest appetite.
4. Review how the patient can avoid infections.
5. Enumerate what the patient should do if they have constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or dry mouth.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.