Domestic Violence Offender Program Standards
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
*ICB Credit for Counselor II, CARS II, MISA I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CRSS I or II, MAATP II, NCRS II, CFPP II
CEU Course Description
Domestic violence, as a learned behavior, is supported by a system of beliefs and attitudes and requires a variety of approaches to prevent, reduce, and eliminate it. This CEU course provides standards that are designed to address the patterns and dynamics of male to female violence, control, and abuse. These standards are intended to serve as a framework for program providers to develop and deliver domestic violence services.
Article Author: Karen Jarmoc, M.A., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the primary goal of the domestic violence offender program, which takes priority over other intervention objectives.
2. Enumerate the areas that, at a minimum, should be included in the domestic violence offender program and addressed by the facilitators.
3. Investigate which program methods are strictly prohibited.
4. Examine under what circumstances a program may deny or limit a participant’s access to their record.
5. Describe the requirements that staff working directly with domestic violence offenders must meet in order to ensure the quality and effectiveness of services provided.
Date Added: 2017-01-15
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.