Disruptive Behavior Disorders: Evidence-Based Practices
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This course addresses the first step in selecting evidence-based practices: understanding the population of interest. It identifies risk factors, protective factors, behavioral manifestations across three developmental stages, diagnostic criteria, co-occurring conditions, and the course of these disorders.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Syliva Fisher, PhD., Pamela Fischer, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the characteristics and needs of children with Disruptive Behavior Disorders (DBDs) including risk factors, protective factors, behavioral manifestations, diagnostic criteria, co-occurring conditions, and the course of these disorders.
2. Identify numerous Evidence Based Practices (EBPs) for children with DBDs including a description of the intervention, research base and outcomes, and implementation and dissemination issues for each practice.
3. Review specific resources that will assist in promoting, adopting, implementing, and disseminating EBPs in children’s mental health service systems and throughout the professional mental health field.
4. Evaluate various medications available to youths with disruptive behavior disorders (DBDs), while determining what medical treatment options exist and how to prevent the inappropriate use of medications.
5. Determine practical ways to match EBPs with communities, agencies, families, and youth while discovering how to understand and use scientific evidence when choosing a practice.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.