Common Comorbidities with Substance Use Disorders
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
Many individuals who develop substance use disorders (SUD) are also diagnosed with mental disorders, and vice versa. This CE course provides information on the state of the science in the comorbidity of substance use disorders with mental illness and physical health conditions.
Author: National Institute on Drug Abuse; National Institutes of Health; and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. 2018.
Retrieved from: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/finder/t/90/comorbidity
CE Course Objectives
1. Give three ways in which clinical research indicates that drug use and addiction influence HIV and its consequences.
2. Identify which area of the brain is among the last to mature and enhances vulnerability to drug use and the development of a substance use disorder.
3. Conclude the mental illness that frequent marijuana use during adolescence can increase the risk of in adulthood.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. The Connection Between Substance Use Disorder and Mental Illness
a. Why is there comorbidity between substance use disorders and mental illness?
b. What are some approaches to diagnosis?
c. What are the treatments for comorbid substance use disorder and mental health conditions?
2. Co-occurring Substance Use Disorder and Physical Comorbidities
3. The Connection between Substance Use Disorders and HIV
a. Why is HIV screening important?
b. What are some methods for HIV prevention and treatment for individuals with substance use disorders?
c. How can we achieve an AIDS-free generation?
4. Barriers to Comprehensive Treatment for Individuals with Co-Occurring Disorders
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2018-10-09