Clinical Use of Extended-Release Injectable Naltrexone in Treating Opioid Use Disorder
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course provides a review of current evidence on the effectiveness of available medications for the treatment of an opioid use disorder and guidance for clinical practice. Topics covered: assessing the need for treatment; initiating medication-assisted treatment; monitoring patient progress and adjusting the treatment plan; and deciding whether and when to end medication-assisted treatment.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss when a patient is vulnerable to a potentially fatal overdose following a person’s treatment with extended-release injectable naltrexone.
2. Investigate the infectious diseases that the patient assessment should screen for.
3. Examine the items that the substance use history should include.
4. Identify what elements should be included as part of a treatment plan for an opioid use disorder.
5. Describe which patients may be good candidates for extended-release injectable naltrexone.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-03-24