$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
** Note for Ohio Licensee's: Ohio CSWMFTB has approved this course for supervision for their counselors and social workers only. MFTs may take it for General CE only.
CEU Course Description
A short course on Clinical Supervision suitable for those supervising interns in a clinical setting. Extracted from TIP 52 from SAMHSA.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, David J. Powell, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Identify the functions and principles of clinical supervision.
2. Describe competency-based, treatment-based, developmental, and integrated models of clinical supervision.
3. Discuss how cultural and contextual factors, ethical, legal, and boundary issues, informed consent, and confidentiality impact supervision.
4. Evaluate direct and indirect methods of observation in supervision.
5. Summarize practical issues in clinical supervision such as distinguishing between supervision and therapy and balancing clinical and administrative functions.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.