Chronic Diseases and Cutting Edge Discoveries
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This course looks at the current and future advancements and treatment therapies for chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and asthma; cognitive disorders such as depression and parkinson’s disease; infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, influenza, and the global health; children’s health for autism, obesity, and hearing losses; aging issues such as alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, and vision loss; as well as personalized medicine.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the leading causes of death in the United States and the research that is currently being conducted to counteract these threats.
2. Enumerate the risk factors for type 2 diabetes and how these factors can be modified in a person’s life to prevent the disease.
3. Explain what most of the deaths caused by diarrheal disease each year can be attributed to and which population is must susceptible.
4. Investigate the diseases that researchers have successfully read the complete DNA sequence of and explain how this will allow advances in health treatments.
5. Examine the actions, that when added to medical treatment, reduced emergency-room visits, decreased asthma medication use, and improved the health of at-risk children.
6. Scrutinize the possible causes of autism and explain how autism is a spectrum disorder.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.