Child Welfare and Human Trafficking
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Beginning
This course is NOT approved in Florida for Human Trafficking credit.
CEU Course Description
Often, the lack of stability in a child’s living situation, physical distance from friends and family, and emotional vulnerability put them at risk for traffickers who are actively seeking children and teens to exploit. This CEU course provides a broad overview of the crossover between the child welfare field and the work currently being done to prevent and respond to human trafficking of children and youth in the United States.
Article Author: Child Welfare Information Gateway; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the needs of victims of trafficking.
2. Explain who is considered a victim of sex trafficking.
3. Investigate what needs to be demonstrated in order to prove labor trafficking of a child.
4. Elucidate how children and youth who are victims of trafficking can often be distinguished from other children who receive child welfare services.
5. Identify signs that a child or teen is a victim of sex trafficking.
6. Describe what makes children and youth in out-of-home care at particularly high risk of being trafficked.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.