CBT for Children Affected by Sexual Abuse or Trauma
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This course is intended to build a better understanding of the characteristics and benefits of Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy by discussing: features of TF-CBT; key components; target population; effectiveness of TF-CBT; what to look for in a therapist; and considerations for child welfare agency administrators.
1. Summarize the emotional and behavioral difficulties that often occur for children and adolescents who have experienced trauma.
2. Identify the features and key components of TF-CBT, including target population.
3. Describe research findings pertaining to the effectiveness and limitations of TF-CBT.
4. Review the characteristics and benefits of Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT), including treatment phases and unique components.
5. Discuss parent, child, and family outcomes for AF-CBT as well as what to look for in a therapist.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.