Support for People with Cancer
$15.00 | CEU Hours:5.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the National Cancer Institute booklet which is a resource for the person with cancer and those close to them. The booklet discusses: learning of the cancer diagnosis; family matters; sharing feelings about cancer; talking with the health care team; dealing with a new self-image; and living each day.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Understand all of the different emotions that the person with cancer may have.
2. Become familiar with what one should do if they feel angry about their cancer diagnosis.
3. Appreciate the amount of pain that patients will be in when they go through cancer treatment.
4. Identify why family and friends may feel guilty about their loved one’s cancer diagnosis.
5. Review which type of specialist is available to help children through a time when their loved one has cancer.
6. Enumerate the different types of support groups, along with the benefits and drawbacks of each type.
Date Added: 2014-03-20
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.