Breastfeeding Support and Promotion
$24.00 | CEU Hours:8.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This intermediate level continuing education course describes how supporting mothers and babies who are breastfeeding will increase the public health impact of everyone’s efforts, reduce inequities in the quality of health care that mothers and babies receive, and improve the support that families receive in employment and community settings. Topics include health risks of formula feeding, global benefits of breastfeeding, lactation problems, working and the breastfeeding mother, and the role of the W.I.C. program and lactation consultant in breastfeeding promotion.
CEU Course Objectives
1. List the health risks associated with formula feeding and early weaning.
2. Understand the psychosocial effects and global environmental benefits of breastfeeding.
3. State the national objectives for Healthy People 2010.
4. Explain how knowledge and support affect breastfeeding rates, and discuss the role of the Lactation Consultant.
5. Identify various lactation problems and how returning to work influences the duration of breastfeeding.
6. Examine the recent expansion of the W.I.C. program in breastfeeding promotion and how the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative promotes breastfeeding.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.