$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
Although breastfeeding is a natural process, many moms need help. This CEU course covers the importance of breastfeeding, along with learning how and common challenges of breastfeeding.
Article Author: The Office on Women’s Health
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate under which situations a woman should not breastfeed.
2. Explain the let-down reflex.
3. Compare and contrast formula with breastmilk.
4. Examine what the most important thing expectant moms can do to prepare for breastfeeding.
5. Identify the health conditions that breastfed babies have lower risks of.
6. Describe which hormone causes the alveoli to make milk.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.