New! Breastfeeding Overview
$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | BeginningThis course is not approved by NBCC for NCC certification renewal. To renew your NCC certification, view our list of NBCC specific approved courses.
CEU Course Description
Although breastfeeding is a natural process, many moms need help. This CEU course covers the importance of breastfeeding, along with learning how and common challenges of breastfeeding.
Article Author: The Office on Women’s Health
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate under which situations a woman should not breastfeed.
2. Explain the let-down reflex.
3. Compare and contrast formula with breastmilk.
4. Examine what the most important thing expectant moms can do to prepare for breastfeeding.
5. Identify the health conditions that breastfed babies have lower risks of.
6. Describe which hormone causes the alveoli to make milk.