Breastfeeding Basics: Benefits, Support, Tips, and Concerns
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Breastfeeding helps to establish a secure and loving relationship between the mother and her infant and offers many other positive benefits. This CEU course provides information on the benefits of breastfeeding, factors affecting the decision to initiate or continue breastfeeding, methods to support breastfeeding mothers, practical breastfeeding techniques and tips, planning for time away from the infant, common concerns, and use of cigarettes, alcohol, other drugs, and certain beverages while breastfeeding.
Article Author: Donna Blum-Kemelor, MS, RD, LD
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the factors that have a significant impact on a mother’s decision to initiate or continue breastfeeding.
2. Explain the primary barrier to breastfeeding for women of all backgrounds and in all regions of the country.
3. Examine how often a newborn infant should breastfeed.
4. Elucidate early signs of hunger.
5. Identify the most important indicator of whether an infant is receiving sufficient milk and breastfeeding effectively.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.