Borderline Personality Disorder and Substance Use Disorders
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course presents the signs and symptoms of borderline personality disorder, with or without a co-occurring substance use disorder, alerts professionals to the importance of monitoring clients with borderline personality disorder for self-harm and suicidal behavior, and encourages professionals to refer such clients for appropriate treatment.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify the general characteristics of personality disorders and the symptoms of borderline personality disorder.
2. Discuss how suicide and non-suicidal self-injury impacts those with BPD.
3. Summarize the symptoms of substance use disorders and evaluate the relationship between SUDs and BPD.
4. Outline treatment considerations for people with BPD and SUDs, including the importance of using a team approach.
5. Describe self-care strategies for behavioral healthcare professionals who work with individuals with BPD.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.