Promoting Best Practice and Safety Through Preprinted Physician Orders
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course explores the potential of preprinted physician orders to improve interdisciplinary integration in care, promote accurate communication, and reduce variation by combining pertinent reminders, safety alerts, and “best practice” into a just-in-time process.
Article Author: George Ehringer, M.D. and Barbara Duffy, R.N., LHRM, MPH
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss major barriers to immediate and widespread CPOE adoption throughout the health care industry.
2. Explain how the risk of dosing errors can be reduced.
3. Investigate the advantages of well designed, preprinted orders.
4. Examine which medications ALL CAPS should be used for when writing out, as there have been several publicized errors involving accidental switching.
5. Identify what is never allowed with medication orders.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.