Administrators - People with Physical and Cognitive Disabilities
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This course addresses the following aspects with regard to substance use disorder treatment for people with physical and cognitive disabilities: the Americans with Disabilities Act; attitudinal barriers; discriminatory policies, practices, and procedures; communication barriers; architectural barriers; and funding consideration.
1. Outline the steps that substance abuse treatment program administrators can take to ensure compliance with the ADA and with accrediting agencies.
2. Review the components of the Americans with Disabilities Act including specific ADA requirements for private substance abuse treatment programs.
3. Identify reasonable modifications to policies, practices, and procedures that treatment programs must adhere to ensure equal opportunity and avoid discrimination.
4. Discuss how substance abuse treatment programs can remove communication and architectural barriers for people with disabilities.
5. Summarize funding considerations for people with co-occurring disorders.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.