Addiction - Neurobiology, Prevention, and Treatment
$27.00 | CEU Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
Ohio CDPB Board approves this credit for: Certified Prevention Specialist Assistant, Certified Prevention Specialist, Certified Prevention Consultant for R1 Credit and Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor II, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III and Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor for C1 Credit.
CE Course Description
This CE course explains the neurobiological basis for substance use disorders and provides the biological, psychological, and social frameworks for improving diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of alcohol and drug misuse. Evidence-based prevention strategies, effective treatment strategies, and recovery support services are also described in this course.
Article Author: Vice Admiral Vivek Murthy, M.D., M.B.A
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the most common reason that people do not seek treatment.
2. Explain the goal of early intervention.
3. Investigate what research suggests to do to address the problem of fatal medication errors due to interactions between a prescribed medication for a diagnosed medical condition and patient substance use.
4. Scrutinize the single factor that will determine whether an individual will develop a substance misuse problem or disorder.
5. Identify when the likelihood of substance use peaks.
6. Describe where the negative feelings associated with withdrawal are thought to come from.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.