Active Shooter Incident Planning: Emergency Plans and De-escalation
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This short CE course is designed to encourage health care facilities to consider how to better prepare for an active shooter incident. It focuses on planning for an active shooter incident, identifying pre-attack behaviors, applying the "Run, Hide, Fight" model in a health care setting, post-event assessments and relevant HIPAA privacy rule 'permissions'.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what an effective plan for an active shooter incident should include.
2. Identify observable pre-attack behaviors.
3. Discuss the "Run, Hide, Fight" model in a health care facility setting.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate post-event assessments including Psychological First Aid.
5. Identify HIPAA permissions for disclosure of personal health information.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.