Active Shooter Planning for Health Care Facilities
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course is designed to encourage health care facilities to consider how to better prepare for an active shooter incident and provides emergency planners, disaster committees, executive leadership, and others involved in emergency operations planning with detailed discussions of unique issues faced in a health care facility. In addition, discussions on information sharing, psychological first aid, and law enforcement / security are included.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what an effective plan for an active shooter incident should include.
2. Explain the activities that place health care facilities at greater vulnerability for and from an event.
3. Investigate, if it is safe to do so, what the first course of action should be.
4. Examine the actions that health care facility staff should be trained to do during an active shooter incident.
5. Identify the three-fold responsibilities that each person carries during an active shooter incident.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.